Monday, 12 November 2012

Yummy for my tummy: Peanut Chicken Curry

Again this recipe was swiped off pinterest so BRAVO BRAVO to the cook/chef that came up with it as its flipping amazing!

I'm not one for blowing my own trumpet, but my days this was the real deal, and I think my good friend @scarf1982, brother and mam will agree.

As we are big veggie loves in my house I tweaked the original recipe to suit our pallets.

What you will need:

3 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon ground ginger
2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
4 tablespoons thai red curry paste
1 can coconut milk
3/4 can (use the coconut milk one) warm water
1 chicken stock cube
4 chicken breasts
1/2 pepper (colour of your choice)
mushrooms (amt of your choice)
1 tablespoon olive oil
rice of your choice

What I would add the next time:

2 onions
baby corn

Before you start:

chop up all the veg and chicken breasts
chop the garlic into fine slices
shake shake shake the coconut milk to avoid lumps in the curry

Get started:

brown the chicken in a frying pan or wok
add the mixed vegetables for a couple of minutes
remove from the heat
in the pan fry the garlic for a few minutes and add the crushed ginger
return the chicken and vegetables to the pan
add the peanut butter and allow to melt for a minute
add the soy sauce and fish sauce
add the thai red curry paste
add the coconut milk
mix the warm water and chicken stock in the coconut milk can then add to the pan
stir together slowly to ensure that all ingredients mix
gently simmer for 15-20 minutes
while this is all simmering away put on the rice and it should be done approximately the same time

Ready to Serve!!!!

Let me know what you think of this if you try it... My mouth is watering thinking about it again.... Defo one that will be coming a regular feature in this household.

Bon appetite!

Có xx


3 comments:

  1. I'd love to try this (substituting in quorn cause we're veggie!) it sounds gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds yummy.. I'd luv to be able to make a decent curry

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!!!